Monday, November 15, 2010

Where's winter? It's coming.

   I was just looking back over my winter forecast that I posted during the summer. I wanted to remember if we called this right.  So far, I think we are OK. In that forecast I mentioned that the winter cold would arrive sometime around mid-November.  Well, we are getting close.  These 30+ degree daytime temperature swings (low 30s in the mornings and mid 60s in the afternoons) have been hard for me to deal with. I prefer a more stable temperature pattern.
   Anyhow, the cold is coming, but it certainly is taking its time.  The long range planning charts are indicating a turn to colder temperatures in the eastern U.S. around Thanksgiving. That should set us up for a cold December which will make you winter sports enthusiasts happy.  However, get out there quickly and enjoy it.  We will likely begin a trend to warm again by mid-January.

No comments:

Post a Comment