Friday, December 24, 2010

I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas

(Snowfall map courtesy of www.accuweather.com)
Not that this is by any means a surprise, but I do believe we are going to have a white Christmas. In fact about 50% of the nation will have a white Christmas.  Normal would be 33%, so this year will be whiter than normal. And, then you have Europe and snow in London. Gads, it's like Charles Dickens' days all over again.

I think one of the really neat Christmas treats this year will be snow falling on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. You will notice on the map above that lake effect is not shown. Add in the lake effect and you can fill in that brown section of NE Ohio.  We won't see too much, but we will pick up an inch or so over the weekend.

That being said, best wishes from my cat Bomber and me for a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment