Sunday, December 12, 2010

Winter Storm Update (Sunday 6pm)

I'm pleased to say that the forecast really hasn't changed much since our last update. You know, I'm kind of enjoying this weather. It was so nice last night and this afternoon that twice I walked up to K-Mart from my apartment.  It's only a 10 minute walk one-way and I could have driven, but it was very pleasant just cranking up the MP3 tunage and walking in the snow. Anyhow, back to the forecast...

Overnight tonight a trough will cross the area and that will do three things:  the winds will increase, the temperature will drop, and the lake effect snow will begin. After that happens, nothing will change much until Wednesday.

As for snowfall totals, here's what I'm looking for with the heavier amounts north of I-76. These numbers represent total snow on the ground, not new snowfall for that period.

7am Monday - 3-5 inches
7pm Monday - 8-10 inches
7am Tuesday - 12-15 inches
Additional moderate to heavy snow accumulation is likely during the day Tuesday

With the wind blowing and snow falling, there will be times when driving will very dangerous.  Be careful out there.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment